Wow, five days without posting! That's a record. Sorry about that.
The concert was a lot of fun- the Diversified band from the church where it was led worship first. They were quite good. Then the speaker, Chap Clark, spoke about passion and having a childlike faith; he was pretty good. There was an intermission and it got to the concert part of it; Everyday Sunday played first and they were pretty rocky- I couldn't understand many words with all the guitar sound. It really seemed like they sounded like Relient K for most of it! Fusebox was a bit less rocky; they sang mostly worship songs. One of my friend's friends got us down by the stage for the last bit, and it's the most fun down there. At least it was just people standing and clapping, not like you'd find at a bigger concert with people being lifted up and being trampled.
I had my first violin lesson on Friday too, which went well. I'm learning shifting and doublestops, where you play more than one note at a time and it's hard. I like shifting and playing in different positions, though, it's pretty easy; I just have to remember that it's backwards in third position: first finger where the third would go in first position, second where fourth would be.
I also got the Music Inspired by the Chronicles of Narnia piano book! Yay! I was going to buy the Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl one too, but there was only the Dead Man's Chest book at the music store. Humph. I'll have to order it... which means paying for shipping... darn.
Grandma's coming for supper tonight... and I have to get my paper route and piano practice done... so bye!
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am amazed. I kept checking and decided you had stopped posting. :-)
The cat
Who's talking? *cough cough*
I'm gonna go post.
Who's "meowing" you mean?
Pretty much.
Post a Comment