Thursday, February 22, 2007

Baptism

So I got baptized on Sunday... it went amazingly, even though my testimony was much shorter than the other lady's. But mine was more to the point, so it all works out.

My Testimony:
Hi, my name is Emily. I am getting baptized today because I believe with all my heart that Jesus is Lord, He is the Son of God, and He came down to earth as fully God and fully man to die for us as our Saviour so we would not have to go to hell without a chance. I don't actually remember when I became a Christian; the only memory is being between six and eight and asking Him to come into my heart. That may not even be accurate; all I know is that I am a Christian, I am saved by His grace, and I will try as hard as I can to follow God for all my life. Acts 4:12 says 'Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.' I believe that. I'd like to thank first and foremost God, for creating me, saving me, and helping me to glorify Him through my life. My parents, for being amazing and helping me learn about Him, especially Dad for explaining theological concepts which I would never understand on my own. My friends and family for being around and helping me learn, especially when I need a kick. My Sunday School teachers; I don't think I ever would have learned or understood as much on Sunday mornings without you. Thanks.


It went well. And... it's slightly difficult to explain... but that's what I believe, and no one's changing it, and I think it's awesome. :)

1 comment:

Terry said...

Awesome is the right word in this case!

Good on ya for putting this up on your blog. I'm very proud of you, even though I'm supposed to be thankful to God first!

Dad