Monday, November 27, 2006

Quiz meet!
The quiz meet went well. We won the first three quizzes Friday night and Saturday morning in the B division, then after lunch they compared scores and everything and moved our team up to A. The first quiz of that kinda stunk; my light kept going off and only Josh jumped. We won the last two, both by about ten points, but just not enough to get to finals. Which I suppose is okay, but a little disappointing. I just really hope that we either don't get bumped up to A again; either that or we practice pre-jumping a lot. I'm not a very fast jumper, especially for pads, so that's not great. I placed 9th rookie overall, Josh 4th or 5th. I got way less errors than he did, but that one quiz brought him up and me down. I think I like Regionals meets better than District, as it's just the northern half of Alberta instead of all the province, which makes it a bit easier and less big and confusing. We ate supper at Sil's house, dropped off the Corolla so her dad could try to sell it for us, and managed to pack everyone in the surburban and get home around 10:00. With a stop at Starbucks in between.
It's very cold here- I dropped something off at the mailbox this morning and nearly froze. I did my papers last night. Half an hour's walk, almost dark, -30 Celsius. Oh joy. But at least I get paid. And after skating we finally went to Wal-Mart and I got some earrings, silver hoops. I love hoops, as long as they're not too large, and I've been wanting some for a while.
Otherwise... life is normal.. ish. I need to work on quizzing before bed tonight, chapter 10 now. I'm going to try and do up to about verse 25 or 30 instead of 15 or 20 like we're supposed to this week, and memorize six verses as usual. Chapter 10 has eleven verses to memorize, and this week it's supposed to be four, next seven. These people have great organisational skills, but this is a bit odd.
17 days until Eragon!
22 until Vancouver Island with Nana and Papa!
27 until Christmas!
oh darn. I need to shop.

No comments: