Sunday, October 22, 2006

Quiz meet!

The quiz meet was totally awesome! My mom, my brother, and I went in at about noon on Friday and had Mom's cello lesson, my violin, and some shopping before we went to the church- fun. I got another shirt from Reitmans. :) We ate and were at the church by 6:00, and the quiz meet didn't actually start until 7:30 so there was lots of time to practice and explore; the rest of the team was there the same time as us. There were draws and an introduction to start, then team 1 (my brother and another girl) had a quiz on pads, which went well for their first, especially since they were against Sil's team- who are quite good- and another team who were decent; one guy was a very good jumper. After that we wandered and watched other people until the worship session, then found Sil's family-who we were staying with- and went. They had friends from another church there too, who were really nice. We stayed up late and talked and ate Sil's mom's wonderful ice cream stuff. :D
The next morning we got to the church and my team had a quiz right after the chapel session, which went well; I quizzed out at the third-last question. I love quizzing out; you always feel like your job is done. Except when it's early and you still know all the answers to the questions but can't communicate them. But quizzing out at the end of the quiz is nice.
The rest of the quizzes were good; my first one with benches didn't go so well, though, I just couldn't think or jump straight. Bleh. But we didn't lose too badly. Sarah jumped and answered a question right, which was really good.
For lunch we hung out by the canteen and couches and played Dutch Blitz on one of the tiny round tables, which was squashed but doable. We got an hour in the afternoon free to go to the mall and get Dairy Queen blizzards and wander. I love mall-wandering, it's actually quite relaxing.
Then we had quizzes... and switched between watching finals quizzes, because both Sil's team and her brother's were in them, Southgate did awesome. And for awards I sat with them because I had thought my team had left early. But they didn't, they were just at the back and I didn't notice them come in. They finished up the draws, announced the finals team winners, and then started team awards- we didn't go up- and the individuals. I was the fourth top rookie, and my brother was second, and our friend was first! It was so great. :D And Sil got top quizzer overall, she had an absolutely perfect day with no errors.
Oh, and my brother bought the Lost Colony and the last Series of Unfortunate Events book, the End, which was really good. I was so happy that they didn't get killed off. Yay.
The subscription drive for the Leader, the local paper that I deliver, started on Friday, and it goes until November 20th, and I got a renewal today, which means I get more money. :)

No comments: