The bird is dead, but I am still alive
No, I didn't die of missing him, thank goodness. That would not be good. Just a busy week and my own laziness.
Our friends came to visit on Wednesday night. Sil brought the Lost Colony, which I finished on Thursday morning, even though I had to stay up until 12. We did a lot... played Settlers of Catan (and I almost won! Arggh!) and Dutch Blitz, which I didn't even get close to winning... listened to Sil's awesome piano playing... and did lots of quizzing practice. We got our other team members over on Thursday night to practice with the quiz pads, since Mom and Dad hadn't been able to get them working- they didn't realize that you couldn't have more than one light on at a time. They're not hard to get used to, but it's a bit strange sitting on a lumpy thing for a while.
On Friday there was a piano master class thingy, which was fun, although half the people who were planning to come didn't show up. Oh well, it was still interesting with three people.
Saturday Mom, Dad, my brother and I went into the city to pick up my grandma and go to a pre-first-quiz-meet practice at Sil's church, which was nice because we got to try the quiz benches, which are little metal benches with four seats connected to the quizmaster's thing so that they know who jumps first; like pads but built in. They're nice. I actually figured out last night during our practice that if I sit in a certain position and just move my foot, the light will go on a lot faster. But it's hard to find the position.
And yesterday we didn't do much.. church, I was helping in junior church so I didn't hear the sermon, but the music was good... and my friend came over.. and that's pretty much it. Quizzing practice too.
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment