Wednesday, April 11, 2007

American Idol

American Idol was on yesterday night, and the results show will be on in an hour. I think there might be a chance of Sanjaya or Chris leaving. Either would be good, although Sanjaya most definitely better.

Last night's theme was country music. I have an overall dislike of most country, but several of the songs were fairly catchy and I rather enjoyed it. I probably won't list the contestants in the order they performed. Martina Mcbride mentored the contestants, and I believe she did fairly well at it.

Phil Stacey started off the night with a nicely upbeat song. Country is definitely his genre; it was his best performance ever and America is totally wrong if he even gets in the bottom three tonight. And I don't think he will.

Melinda Doolittle was, as usual, amazing. She manages to switch through genres perfectly and hit every single one.

Chris Richardson did not perform well. His voice is very nasaly, and, believe it or not, Chris, that's not good. Hopefully he'll be gone soon.

Jordin Sparks was also amazing. She performed so well without needing to dance or do anything crazy.

LaKisha Jones didn't impress me much. She has a strong voice and is a good singer, but the song was definitely not a good choice and she's usually outshone by Jordin and Melinda.

Sanjaya Malakar... well, what is there to say? He was awful, bad enough that I think America might actually make the right choice this week and vote him out.

I actually don't remember too much of Blake Lewis' performance. He didn't do terribly well, but I do think he'll be safe from his fan base and musical talent.

I'm hoping that either Chris or Sanjaya will be sent home tonight, and I hope I'm right. It's likely that the votes will be a surprise, but we'll just have to wait and see.

edit-
Sanjaya Malakar has been eliminated from American Idol!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Did you notice that I tagged you with that book meme?

I'm waiting.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.