Thursday, January 25, 2007

I sort of feel like blogging now

Last Thursday was my sister's birthday. She's 8 now, it's almost scary to think of it. It was fun, we had yummy cereal for breakfast and French toast for lunch and pizza for supper and watched Hoodwinked before lunch and did a bit of work in between.
I watched figure skating- the Canadian championship competition or whatever it is- last week. It's pretty cool, although Dad and Josh sort of ruined it by coming in and making comments about the figure skaters ('same old, same old'- Dad) and switching back and forth to hockey. I don't like hockey.

Last weekend I went to a friend's house for Friday and Saturday nights, because they live 25 minutes out of town and it was just easier to come in on Sunday morning and drop me off for church- they go to the Alliance church here. I got to go horseback riding! It was fantastic and made me very happy. I hope my teacher actually starts teaching again soon...

Blogger hates me. It always takes forever to load. When we had internet with Telus it was faster.

I'm sorry I haven't been blogging. Maybe I'll try to get back into it again.

Mom and Josh and I have started watching American Idol. It's pretty interesting, sometimes funny, sometimes downright aggravating how some people can't sing, think they can, insist that they are indeed the next American Idol, argue with the judges, and then go out and swear (it's bleeped- phew) about how the judges don't know anything and Simon is prejudiced against Americans. I'm not fond of Simon; he tells the truth, and certainly is a pretty good judge of music, but he's a bit too mean sometimes.

And... otherwise... there hasn't been much. I've started going to the jr/sr high Sunday school, we're studying the Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges and it's quite good, I played piano for the offertory on Sunday, and I have a violin lesson and a recital tomorrow that I'm playing violin and piano for. Oh, and I got a letter from Royal Conservatory at the beginning of the year, they're having the awards ceremony for the award I got last year for my violin lesson, it's on February 24th, and they want me to play! I'm playing Gavotte by J. Becker, I think it is. Maybe it's Beckett. But I'm pretty sure it's Becker. I'll receive the award then.
We had the quiz group from a town closeish to us come and practise quizzing with our team to show the people in our church who have absolutely no clue what it is what we've been doing since September a couple weeks ago, so that was good. There's a quiz meet next weekend for chapters 1-13, and if I work a bit more I think I should be ready.
I'm babysitting tonight, and I need to practise violin, so I need to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I know this is REALLy late, but tell her happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Do keep blogging, Emily; I enjoy reading your blog!

Interesting about American Idol. when I see stuff like that, it just drives me crazy to see people acting so dumb.

Miliuel said...

It does drive me crazy. But some people are really nice about it.. and it's amusing. =D