Thursday, December 07, 2006



Squeaker

I don't believe I've done a cat post yet. Oops. We got a kitten from friends nearly three weeks ago. Her name is now Merry (like... a hobbit! Meriadoc Brandybuck!), although it's been switched from Sylvestor (before we found she was female), Princess Arjumand (a cat in a book - To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis - who looked exactly like her), Pippin (for maybe a day, because I have heard of many other cats named Pippin) and finally Merry. I personally think Squeak would also be a good name- she doesn't meow, she just makes little squeaky toy noises in a variety of pitches and volumes. It must be from spending the first bit of her life outside, with lots of wild birds around. She's very cute, and spent nearly an hour on my lap this afternoon, part of it sitting almost upright, on her back, with her back legs sticking out in front of here, and still comfortable. Unfortunately no picture of that.
I went to Awana last night. I used to go every week, and quit this year because of quizzing and the new program they had. But tonight my friend wanted me to come with her, so I went. It was okay. Not as fun as I remember it being. But oh well.
My violin A string broke on Monday. The replacement came in the mail yesterday, which is really nice, because I rather miss my violin. Unfortunately the D and E strings are feeling really out of tune and old and bendy and ready-to-break. That's the one thing that annoys me about violins- they're pretty easy to wreck. Not that I purposely wreck strings.
Please pray for a family in our community- their 12-year-old son was killed in a car accident on Saturday, and the funeral was today. They're probably feeling very sad and very guilty- he was the only one hurt- right now.
We're having pizza for supper. It smells very good.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its name is Cat. And that's final. We already had a cat named Squeak, anyways.

Josh

Miliuel said...

HER name is officially Merry. Get over it.
I know we had a cat named Squeak. I don't remember her, but I know we had her. Along with Lucy. And Tibs or something along those lines for the dog.

Anonymous said...

We have a cat named Tibs. She is the nastiest in our cat community.

catigail

Anonymous said...

"Cat" is very pretty. :-)

Miliuel said...

But Merry is prettier. Agreed?

Josh doesn't count; he has no eye or ear for beauty, or even prettiness.

Anonymous said...

It's not a question of how pretty the name is, it's a question of whether or not it fits. "Merry" doesn't fit the cat.

And besides, I think Grace was referring to the animal, not the name. Am I correct?

Josh

Miliuel said...

It does too fit. Erm, ish.

When she says 'Cat' in quotation marks, I'm assuming it's the name.

Grace, get over here and answer the question. You're late. But don't worry, we still love you. :D

Anonymous said...

I just did that for fun. Yeah, I was referring to the name, but I think Merry is a better name. Sorry Josh. :-)

Sorry, I hadn't been on the computer checking blogs for a while.

Miliuel said...

Heh, it's okay. :D It's Christmas, no one needs to be on the computer. But I am anyways.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well I was on the computer, I just wasn't checking blogs. :-)