I'm baaaaaaaaack!
Well, actually we got back on Saturday, which is when I started this post. It's good to be home, although I'm pretty tired and have a sore throat because of it.
So the trip there was good, long, but good. It rained a lot, and we didn't get there until 11:30 then arriving at the hotel and finding that our name wasn't on the reservation list. Very squished that night. Anyways, Monday we moved to a slightly bigger room, met Nana and Papa, relaxed, went skating at a nice big arena with no one else there, and went to a Greek restaurant in the evening, which was quite good. I'm still not sure if pizza is really that soggy in Greece. The evening session was fairly interesting; the worship team leader was apparently Spanish/South American and enjoyed making everyone else sing songs in that language. I coudn't see half of it; there were at least two rather tall people right in front of me. But it was interesting.
On Tuesday I had an online Latin class; which I tried to get into repeatedly, got booted out repeatedly, and later learned that it had been canceled. Later that afternoon we went to the library; very large and a rather distracting layout, but it was cool. For supper we piled everyone, including Nana and Papa, into the surburban and went to my aunt's mother's house for a family dinner, planned as my nana's milestone birthday party but she didn't know that, and it was really fun.
Wednesday we took another pastor from Nova Scotia who'd never been past Ontario into Vancouver to Lynn Canyon and Stanley Park. Lynn Canyon was really beautiful and had some nice trails and a suspension bridge.
At Stanley Park we ate lunch and walked along the beach. While we were heading back up to the parking lot, my mom saw four raccoons going up the stairs! They were very bold and pretty cute. It's rather strange how the most adorable animals are the worst to have around.

Thursday morning Mom, Dad and the girls (yes, I'm a girl too, but that's what they're always called) went to look at the car in Vancouver that Dad had found on the Internet and ended up buying it. It's a 1993 Toyota Avalon, with six heated seats, a sunroof (at least I'm pretty sure it has a sunroof- I haven't even ridden in it yet), and it's a really nice car. I like it. :) It must be a record for my dad- he looked at about three cars before he bought this one. We also went to the library and skating again, although at a different arena close to the library. It was quite full and not as much fun as before.
Friday morning Mom, the girls and I managed to get away from the hotel by ten after 8 and out of Richmond maybe 8:30. It was raining, but once we got to the huge long hill with snow, ice, and slush, rain was a small matter. We got through all right, thankful for the 4-wheel drive on the surburban, but it was slow. We ended up stopping at a hotel for the night at about 5, which was rather nice, although the tv didn't connect to TLC. Honestly, finally there's a tv with cable on a Friday evening and I can't even watch What Not to Wear. Oh well, lots of Jeopardy! that night. We got home Saturday afternoon, about 2 hours before Josh and Dad, who had stayed behind for Dad's meetings.
So, I'm tired, and sick. Sunday was busy too; Sunday school, church, a friend's house for lunch, then quiz practice at 4 and the evening service with missionaries from Quebec. It was fun; we got to help lead worship team for the evening service. :D Today I haven't done much; lots of quizzing though. I'm on chapter 9 of Acts now. Still waiting for two Harry Potter DVDs to come from the online thing... they should be here today. Goblet of Fire and Prisoner of Azkaban. I don't know who put Goblet of Fire on the list, as it wasn't very good, but I can watch it again. Haven't seen Prisoner of Azkaban for about a year and a half now; maybe it's better now. It was definitely the best of the movies.

2 comments:
Sorry to get your hopes up - it's just dad.
I wanted to say that I'm impressed with your writing! However, I must correct you on something: The Avalon is a '95, not a '93. We must get these things right in our writing!
Well, whatever. It's comfortable; I don't care. Anyone reading this- THE AVALON IS A 1995 MODEL. CORRECTION.
There.
Post a Comment