Monday, October 02, 2006

Corn Maze

Yes, we did get to go to the corn maze yesterday. It was fun. Our group got back third- the first ones were there for less than thirty minutes, but they somehow skipped posts 5-7. We were third- it was quite funny, we kept getting lost and having to come back to checkpoint 7 and retrace our steps, then we continued to run into another group and ended up just following them until my friend slipped in the mud and they left us behind. I bought popcorn and put too much salt on it, so the petting-zoo goats got plenty- it's not bad for them, and they love it, those were adorable goats- and I gave the rest to my mom. We had a hot dog roast and marshmallows too. The trip there and back was fun- three other girls, me, two boys in the back talking to no one but themselves, my brother and my mom went in our suburban, and it was quite fun. Loud. Giggly.

My Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl piano book came today! I have He's a Pirate almost hands-together already, though not well. I've been cheating a bit on some of the chords; I leave the bottom note out for the four- or five-note chords that are more spread out. If my right hand (I'm left-handed, so it makes it even harder) is going from a high F to an E an octave below that, I can't exactly get my middle fingers to go to the important in-between ones. So I cut the bottom; with the left-hand accompaniment it'll sound fine anyways. I wonder if there's ever been a pianist that hasn't wished their hands were bigger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Good luck with POTC.
Grace

Melda said...

Oh, believe me, I'm cheating like crazy. You just can't tell because I have it super-fast now.

Anonymous said...

Ah